Sunday, August 28, 2016

Let's Play Another Story of Fallen Maidens, Part 3

Another update. These should be faster now that I've figured out how to get the game to record in OBS and don't have to play through every section multiple times to make sure I haven't missed any dialogue. (The game has a bad habit of advancing text even when it's minimized and another window is selected.)

This update brings us another ending, another possible transformation, and two more species of monster. It also advances Eristia's character a bit, with some human-monster interaction that doesn't revolve around sex. (Not something we've gotten to see a lot of in any of the fiction I've translated so far.)

To reiterate a response to a question on the previous update: I am translating the entire game script (to the best of my knowledge; I've been trying to get all the different lines for examining things, but I can't guarantee I won't miss one somewhere), but actually patching English into the game is way beyond my coding ability. If anyone does know how to do that with RPG Maker games, they are free to use my translation to make a patch.

I any case, I recommend playing along if you can (or just playing if you read Japanese, because then you wouldn't need this LP), because the various animations and music do add to the game's character.

As always, any feedback is appreciated.

(Text after the cut.)


We pick up where we left off, in the grassy corridor past where Eristia and Yuri escape the succubus. I'm trying to get every bit of text, so let's start by trying to go back the way we came. Eristia doesn't think it's a good idea.

Eristia: "Showing ourselves to that succubus in this condition is suicide. Let's proceed with the investigation."

· · · · ·

Next, we advance along the corridor, which is shaped like an backwards "L". Nothing happens until we transition to the next screen, where the pair see something that makes them stop.


Eristia: "Those are..."

The honey bees are startled to see Eristia and Yuri, and run away off the left side of the screen.

Eristia: "A swarm of honey bees. Were they gathering nectar from that big flower?"

Yuri: "Thank goodness. It looks like we won't have to fight them..."

· · · · ·

Stopping to investigate what the honey bees were doing, the pair find two objects of interest. First, a sparkle on the ground.


Eristia: "This looks like... a container — or rather, a honey pot. It's half empty, though."

Yuri: "Those honey bees must have dropped it... I bet they're worried now."

Eristia: "Are you sympathizing with monsters?"

Yuri: "N, no, of course not..."

· · · · ·

Second, a large, pink flower.

Eristia: "An unusually large flower... It's so big a whole person could fit inside."

· · · · ·

Moving on, we come to a path lined by dense forest on either side. The honey bees are waiting around a bend in the road, blocking the way forward. As Yuri guessed, they sound troubled. (The honey bees begin by speaking from right to left, with an animation indicating which one is now speaking, but this is only true of their first three lines. It is unclear which honey bee is saying what later in the scene.)


Honey Bee: "Wh, what should we do... It looks like I dropped the pot back there..."

Honey Bee: "Wha~t!? That's terrible! We've got to go get it right away!"

Honey Bee: "B, but... those humans looked kind of scary. Especially the girl..."

Three: "Hmm..."

Honey Bee: "We don't have nearly enough nectar... It would be a lot easier if we could gather from that flower."

Honey Bee: "The boy was pretty cute, don't you think?"

Honey Bee: "If all three of us attacked him together while we're at it..."

Three: "Ehehehehe..."

Eristia and Yuri are eavesdropping on the honey bees' dilemma. It's a problem for them, too.


Eristia: "This isn't good. Forcing our way through is out of the question."

Yuri: "It would be nice if we could get them to let us through peacefully... What if we find their pot and give them the nectar?"

Eristia: "Are you suggesting we cooperate with monsters?"

Yuri: "If there's no other way, we've got no choice..."

· · · · ·

The game automatically returns us to the previous screen. Trying to go back to where the honey bees are now causes Eristia to automatically turn around.

Eristia: (We've got to think of some way to move the honey bees...)

· · · · ·

Returning to the sparkle on the ground that represented the honey bee's lost pot, we get some slightly different dialogue.

Eristia: " This looks like... a container — or rather, a honey pot. It's half empty, though."

Yuri: "Those honey bees must have dropped it. If we fill this with nectar, and bring it to them..."

Eristia: "Needs must, I suppose... "

Got the honey bee's honey pot!

· · · · ·

Pot in hand, Eristia can now fill it with nectar from the large flower. If we examine it before getting to honey pot, it gives the same text as before.

Eristia: "There really is a lot of nectar inside. If we scoop it up, we should be all set."
Eristia: "Here goes nothing..."

Eristia gets her nectar, but the flower has an unforeseen reaction.


Eristia: "What's... this...? Pollen...?"
Eristia: (No... I'm losing... consciousness...)

Fade to black.

· · · · ·

We rejoin Eristia floating in some kind of fluid, vines coiled around her arms and legs.


Eristia: (Where... am I...? What am I doing here...?)
Eristia: (My body... won't move... It looks like I can breathe, though...)
Eristia: (I must complete my task... I need to get out of here, but...)
Eristia: (For some reason... I don't want to leave...?)
Eristia: (It's warm in here... It feels nice...)
Eristia: (I think... I'd like to stay here... a bit longer...)
Eristia: (It's quiet...)
Eristia: (How long has it been since I felt so relaxed...?)

Eristia seems fine. Her clothes are not so lucky.


Eristia: (It's warm, like I'm being held by someone kind and gentle...
If mother was alive, maybe she'd feel like this...)
Eristia: (It's almost like... back then...)
Eristia: (Back then...?)
Eristia: (That's right... Why didn't I remember before...?)
Eristia: (It was stolen... Taken away... Yes, by those people...
You don't need it, they said... Forget it, they said... But it's so important...)
Eristia: (...Yes, I've got to get it back. I've got to get back what I'm missing, what was stolen from me...)
Eristia: "Mmm..."

Eristia's inner monologue becomes an inner conversation, as her extremities begin to turn green.


Eristia: (Thank you. You'll help, won't you...?)


Eristia: (I understand. It must be hard, not having what you should have been born with by your side.)
Eristia: (That's right; if I become your pistil, we can both get back what we're missing...)


Eristia: (Yes, taking root in you, melting together, becoming one feels wonderful...)
Eristia: (But when I take him back, I'm sure it will feel even better...)
Eristia: "Tee hee hee..."
Eristia: (Yes, now we — I mean "I" — will be able to bloom beautifully. Beautifully enough to make him mine...)

Eristia opens her eyes. Her transformation is now complete.


Alraune Eristia: "Ahaa... I can hardly wait..."

Fade to black.

· · · · ·

Yuri, apparently also affected by the pollen, awakens to find himself in the arms of a monster.


Yuri: "Hm...? Where...?"

Alraune Eristia: "Ahaa... Finally awake?"

Yuri: "A, a monster!? I must have gotten caught without realizing, and..."
Yuri: "Wait. Your face, your voice..."

Alraune Eristia: "That's right, it's me Don't I look lovely?"

Yuri: "It can't be... Lady Eristia, a monster..."

Alraune Eristia: "Oh... Now that you mention it, I was a Hero, wasn't I? That doesn't matter anymore, though...
"There's nothing to worry about. Look on the bright side. I did it all for you, after all..."

Yuri: "P, please, let go! If we go back to camp, I'm sure we can find some way to..."

Alraune Eristia: "No~pe"

Eristia starts to move her hips. Her whole flower shakes with each thrust. She gradually picks up speed over the remainder of the scene.

Yuri: "Ooo..."

Alraune Eristia: "I won't let you get away... I won't leave you anymore... We'll stay here, embracing each other..."

Yuri: "No... Please..."

Alraune Eristia: "Tee hee hee... I'll teach your body that nothing could be happier than this..."

Yuri: "Aah..."

Alraune Eristia: "Aahn... See? This part of you is honest.
"It's only been in me since before you woke up, and it's already stiff as a board
"Thanks to that, my pussy is dripping with nectar, so..."

Yuri: "Ngh... Her insides are... coiling around me..."

Alraune Eristia: "Tee hee hee Of course they are. I mean, I'm the pistil, and you're the stamen
"We were born to become one like this It's no wonder we're a perfect match"

Yuri: "W, well..."

Alraune Eristia: "It's alright. I'll never leave you again... We'll be together forever... Okay?"

Yuri: "Haa... Aaah..."

Alraune Eristia: "Now, use your hips Enjoy yourself to your heart's content"
Alraune Eristia: "Ahaaahh Yes, like that
"My pussy's full Your cock's thrusting up all the way inside me. I love it..."

Yuri: "Nh... Oo... Inside you is... so slippery..."

Alraune Eristia: "Haaaaa... You're making me all messy... My nectar's going to spill
"You can tell, can't you? Your cock and my pussy are so happy, they're making dirty sounds"

Yuri: "I, I can't... If you do that, I'll..."

Alraune Eristia: "It's fine Cum♥ Shoot out lots and lots in my pussy♥"

Yuri: "Oo... Aaaaah...!"

Alraune Eristia: "Aaaaaaah Here it comes So hot And so much..."
Alraune Eristia: "Haaa... You're delicious, Yuri..."

Yuri: "Ah... Ah..."

Alraune Eristia: "Tee hee hee... You came, but you're still hard"
Alraune Eristia: "Come on... move Let's love each other even more..."
"Our cum will melt together... and become the ultimate love juice — nectar so fine those girls from earlier will fall in love with the mere smell of it..."
Alraune Eristia: "Aahn... That's it. Good boy"
Alraune Eristia: "Ahn... Mmm... Ahaa... Ooo..."

Ending 2: "Sweeter Then Honey..."
(You can view it in the menu under "Recollections".)

And there's ending two. The case file (below) clears up exactly what happened to Eristia in this one.

· · · · ·



Monsterization Case File II
Alraune Eristia
Family Alraune, Type Plant

"I'll never leave you again... Let's love each other here forever..."

An Eristia who was captured by an Alraune that lacked a humanoid portion — an extremely rare specimen — and merged with it to become it's other half. Possibly due to the influence of the specimen in question — which was doubtless solitary for a considerable time — she has a strong fixation on the object of her affections. They remain embracing each other and coupling, her ivy coiled around his limbs, and she never makes a move to separate from him.
The rich, ripe nectar secreted by their perpetual intercourse is in the process of enslaving the local honey bees with its fragrance, flavor, and above all its powerful aphrodisiac properties. Eventually, she will establish a harem centered on her husband in the woods inside the ruins, and the area may even transform into a Monster Realm...
[Classified]

· · · · ·

As before, Eristia wakes up to find herself still human. It seems only the pair's loss of consciousness was real.


Eristia: "Ngh..."
Eristia: "Another dream...? It was so vivid..."
Eristia: (But me becoming a monster? That could never happen. As long as I don't make a mistake...
But... what did the me in my dream "remember"...?)

Yuri: "Ah... Good morning, Lady Eristia.
"I'm sorry. It's warm, and it feels so nice that I just dozed off without meaning to."

Eristia: "It, it's not a problem. I scooped up the nectar, so let's hurry on ahead."

· · · · ·

When we examine the flower again, Eristia has something new to say.

Eristia: "No real changes... Looks like it really was a dream."

· · · · ·

Now that Eristia has a pot full of nectar, it's back to the honey bees. Still, she's not taking any chances with them.

Eristia: "If you go, they might attack you. I should do it; they're wary of me."

Yuri: "Understood. But please call out right away if it seems dangerous."

Eristia rounds the corner and advances on the trio. They show a startled animation, like when they ran away earlier, but Eristia calls out to stop them.


Eristia: "Wait, you three. I only came to deliver this."

Honey Bee: "Oh, that's my...!"

Eristia: "You need nectar, don't you? Take it and go where you like... as long as you don't harm us."

The honey bee who dropped the pot (the one on the right) hesitantly approaches Eristia, pausing occasionally. When she gets right up to her, the exchange takes place as proposed.

Handed over the honey bee's honey pot.

The honey bee seems pleasantly surprised. Eristia acts flustered at being thanked by a monster.


Honey Bee: "Ah..."
Honey Bee: "Thank you! You're so nice"

Eristia: "N, no... That's not really what I..."

Honey Bee: "Thank you so much. This is a dangerous place for humans to walk around, so take care!"

The honey bees fly off the top of the screen. Yuri comes out of hiding and joins Eristia. He sounds relieved, but she has some food for thought.


Yuri: "Thank goodness. We made it through without shedding unnecessary blood..."

Eristia: "I thought that... I had to slay all monsters. Because they're wicked creatures, enemies of the Chief God and the Order.
"I always believed that, so... I never even thought of talking to them."

· · · · ·

We regain control at this point, but as soon as we walk up to the next screen, another short cutscene starts. There's a sturdy door blocking the way ahead.


Eristia: "What's this door...?"
Eristia: "It won't open..."


Yuri: "There are two little holes in it. Maybe we need keys to advance."

From here, there are two paths, leading to endings 3 and 4, respectively. We need to take both before the door will open (although I've found that it's possible to trick the game's flags and skip one or both of them by doubling back halfway). They can be done in either order, but I will be following the ending numbers, which means the right hand path first.

18 comments:

  1. I haven't read through this part yet, but I would like to ask a question. Would it be easier or more preferable for you to translate the raw script, Sky? It would be another step in making a patch for the game, with all credit due of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking.

      It would be about the same speed as recording me playing through and then working from that, just presumably more definitely thorough.

      I someone had the raw script and it would be more convenient for them to use a translation of that, doing it that way certainly wouldn't be any harder for me. I've also got a word document with just the translated text + dots for scene breaks of everything I've done so far, if anyone wants that.

      Delete
    2. Ok, I'll keep that in mind. I found a line that did not flow well, otherwise it's another great translation.

      Eristia: "Needs must, I suppose... "

      Delete
  2. Im exet, the author of the game "Another Story of Fallen Maidens: Fallen Hero and the Magic Sword of Truth".

    I heard that you are translating my work, and I'm glad that you are interested in it. However, I and a translator are already working for the release of English version of my game (including patch), so I have to ask you to stop translating it.

    Your attention would be highly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright. I'm glad to hear there will be an official English release. I won't post any more of the LP.

      Delete
    2. Hello exet. I recently bought your game, and although I couldn't really understand it, I enjoyed it a lot. Great work on the game! Can't wait for the english version.

      Also, thanks to you as well, OtherSideofSky, for the translations you've provided so far. I understand why you aren't going to continue, and that's alright. I always appreciate the translations you've done.

      Delete
    3. I don't know that can you see this or not, but if I have bought the game on Japanese dlsite already, is there a English patch provided?

      Delete
    4. You are realy the game's autor?
      I have my doubts...

      Delete
  3. how do you continue with the game?

    i'm stuck at that succubus, after the h-scene i go back all the way back to the beginning of the game...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have absolutely no idea. Based on my experience, the game ought to progress automatically at that point.

      Delete
  4. You could translate in a possible future: "Monster Girl Encyclopedia Stories: The Imperator Doesn't Sleep"
    ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you want to translate "Monster Girl Encyclopedia Stories: Inari - Kitsune Love Chapters"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second this very much since I have a vested interest to touch fluffy tails :) And just an idea for Sky, perhaps instead of translating entire chapters from the novellas, you can translate just certain excerpts that contain interesting info such as the background setting, life in Zipangu, etc, whatever catches your interest and is easier to translate.

      Personally, I would find short, regular updates much more satisfying than waiting for the complete novella. But I digress; translate however you want Sky, I'm just sharing my thoughts.

      Delete
  6. When will the next Fallen Brides come out? I'm kind of rooting for Merse or Koyoi to be translated next. I will not pester you further about this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had to pick, I think Primera or Koyoi are the most interesting Fallen Brides. Primera due to the nature of her half-elf heritage, which could shine more light on (unmonsterized) human-elf relationships and Koyoi would give us a look at Zipangu's anti-monster perspective. On another note Sky, I made a list of typos and errors recently in case you missed it:

    http://othersideofskytranslations.blogspot.com/2016/04/fallen-brides-sasha-in-conclusion.html?showComment=1475534997912#c1201534641681466270

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for translating! Eristia's story is really getting interesting, I look forward to more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please continue.I want to see what happens next and nobody else did a letsplay of this game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. tfw this will never ever be translated

    ReplyDelete